uTorrent/RSS/FileBot Automation Question

tman12

What is the best approach for automation? Right now I have a private tracker that I use in Windows and run uTorrent with RSS downloader and the Filebot AMC script. This works great, but I'm looking to move this process onto unRaid and I'm trying to figure out how people are doing it. I downloaded uTorrent 3.3 on unRaid but I don't see any option for RSS Downloader and I can't seem to get it to kick off the FileBot script. I'm using the Phase plugin for FileBot.

Is there a better way to do this? I just want a simple to use configuration that works with RSS feeds and FileBot. If people are using Phase' FileBot script, how are you using it? I can get it to work manually, just not with uTorrent. I should preface my post by saying that right now I'm just testing some things on /mnt/disk1 until I upgrade later this week with a cache drive. I'm guessing it could be permission issues, script doesn't kick off on either Transmission or uTorrent.

tl;dr - trying to automate downloading with RSS/Torrent Client/FileBot on unRaid 

The only thing with that approach is that it requires Sickbeard/Couchpotato addons, and I would rather not have two additional addons installed just for the purpose of moving/renaming. I'm thinking my best bet is to determine why I can't get FileBot script to initiate after a download is completed. Then I could use FlexGet, Transmission, and FileBot for the automation.

• 1 month later...

I use FlexGet, Transmission and FileBot all from [PhAzE]

Flexget and Transmission work together nicely.

I need to do some more tinkering to get transmission to kick off FileBot.

At the moment I solve that problem by having a Media script running hourly starting FlexGet as well as looping the "completed" folder and calling FileBot for each file found there.

Hope that helps

Roland

• 2 weeks later...

Archived