International characters causing trouble

dikkiedirk

I use sabnzbd to download stuff on my server. Sometimes it happens that downloads dont get processed properly and remain on the server as unpacked rars. When I check these files they always have international characters like an umlaut in the name. I can unpack them from a Windows machine but I rather have sanzbd do it automatically. Has this something to do with how Linux filesystems work, and is there a way to make it work? Like a setting somewhere? Or is sabnzbd to blame?

I use sabnzbd to download stuff on my server. Sometimes it happens that downloads dont get processed properly and remain on the server as unpacked rars. When I check these files they always have international characters like an umlaut in the name. I can unpack them from a Windows machine but I rather have sanzbd do it automatically. Has this something to do with how Linux filesystems work, and is there a way to make it work? Like a setting somewhere? Or is sabnzbd to blame?

There's an option in sab to replace illegal characters in filename.  Might help

There's an option in sab to replace illegal characters in filename.  Might help

I only found a setting but that works only on FOLDERnames.

Archived