Server was crashing now not able to fully booting

okeydokey

Here's the deal, I am running 6.0 Beta 12 because I wanted to play with the Plex docker. The server is just over a year old and was 100% stable before I upgraded.

Everything worked well after the first week or so... but it started crashing, The system is headless and I couldn't access the web gui but i could get into ssh so i would reboot and be good for 2-10 days. anyways now I'm at a point where it wont even boot so i have web gui, samba, anything except ssh. I attached my log, take a quick look and if someone can point me in a helpful direction. I tried a new flash drive, but haven't done a memtest yet... I don't think that would be issue as the system was fine before the upgrade. I was reading that there have been some issues with docker.

You will see at the bottom of the log file, that I sent the system a reboot command and its not going down.

Thanks in Advance!

syslog-2015-02-23.txt

It looks like you have some issues with btrfs.  Can you try to reformat your cache disk?  Before doing so, backup any data you have on it.

If you need detailed instructions, I can post them for you in the morning.

I'm also going to move this thread to v6 support.

Thanks for the help! I attached the log file.

Now i guess instructions with the cache drive would be helpful... I can't find the cache drive mounted anyplace when i log in a look via ssh. how do i copy the data off, so that I can reformat it?

Thanks all for your help. Im going to have to bring the server in so that I can put a screen and keyboard on it and do a memtest, my other thought was I could pull the cache drive and see if it will boot with it removed.

Thanks Again!  :)

syslog.txt

If I boot with the cache drive un-plugged from the system it boots fine. Any thoughts on how I can get the data off the cache drive and try running a different old drive for the cache drive.

Attached is the log.

Thanks!

[thinking aloud]

You could boot the system with the replacement cache drive installed, and set the system to use that.  Then install SNAP, install the old cache drive and set it up with snap.

Archived