[REQUEST] ComicStreamer

I like Ubookqity but it doesn't support streaming, so on mobile devices you have to download the entire comic to read it. ComicStreamer deals with this at the backend, it has been quiet regards updates but the software works perfectly.

I actually considered Dockerising this myself, then I read the Docker primer and realised quickly that I was totally out of my depth :-)

I think this dudes software is fantastic and use ComicTagger almost daily. But I have a fundamental worry about a daemon that doesnt receive any love being public facing (which it will if we make it available).

Sparky, perhaps a big warning somewhere about this?

From what I can tell Ubooquity chap is intertsed in streaming as well.

p.s. its not quiet its dead. see forum. apart from that its all brillaint

I think this dudes software is fantastic and use ComicTagger almost daily. But I have a fundamental worry about a daemon that doesnt receive any love being public facing (which it will if we make it available).

Sparky, perhaps a big warning somewhere about this?

From what I can tell Ubooquity chap is intertsed in streaming as well.

p.s. its not quiet its dead. see forum. apart from that its all brillaint

It's in my beta repo, capitalised warning about developement being ceased on software in description.

Thanks Sparklyballs, that was really really fast! However ...it may not be necessary now.

I emailed Mike Ferenduros the creator of the Chunky iPad comic book reader app and asked if he had any plans to add OPDS authentication and streaming support for Ubooquity. He emailed me right back and said that he would look into it.

Within 10 hours he had sent me a beta build to test on my own iPad and it it all works flawlessly!

So far as I can tell this negates the need for ComicStreamer, I don't think it has any functionally that Ubooquity does not already support.