Logging to memory to prevent cache from spinning up

Hello!

Just recently made the transition from version 5 to 6. 

When I used plugins on version 5, I directed the log to a /tmp/log directory so logging would just go to memory instead of causing my cache drive to spin up.  I'd like to do the same with my Docker containers.  My initial thought was just to create a mapping within the container to point to /tmp/log on the host, and direct it there.  But I wasn't sure if there was built-in functionality of a directory in memory that I can utilize.  So I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks!

PS. And this is completely off topic, but I figured you fine, intelligent folks would be able to answer this one as well.  When I was setting up mappings for Docker containers (I wanted to keep the paths the same so I wouldn't have to remember what I need to set within the container versus where it actually is on my unRAID system.  For example, if I'm storing everything at /mnt/cache/appdata/containername, I want to create the same mapping within the container.  However, it seems like these containers force you to use /config as the directory that would point to that appdata folder.  Do I just need to get used to using /config within the container?

Anything under "/" such as /tmp is in memory.

For some of my dockers I map "/tmp" to "/tmp" from the container to the host. Be careful that you don't use up all your memory with log files though.

To see how much you have in use, run this at a command prompt: df -h /tmp