How do i log on to a docker vm?

I've developed some extensive scripts for sabnzbd, which need some adaptions now i'm testing with V6 and a sabnzbd docker. E.g. the scripts refer to /mnt/user/tvseries etc and those folders are now 'redirected' in the docker. I've changed the scripts so they use the 'redirected' folders that exist within the vm, but it doesnt work properly yet. So i want to debug.

But, if i want to debug or run the scripts manually, how do i do that? They now run inside the sabnzbd docker. How do i logon to a docker vm, in this case, a sabnzbd docker?

Now my script, running in a sabnzbd docker, needs to create a folder for a downloaded episode of some tv show. With the plugin this works without a problem but with the dock er i get a permission denied error... the folder is on the array, e.g. /mnt/disk1/tvseries/ and this is 'mapped' to the docker as '/tvseries' . I want to create a folder in there, from a script running inside the docker, e.g. ' family guy'. Do i need to set some permissions (chown, chmod) etc, to allow a docker to create a folder on the array?