Install Docker on b15

jeffreywhunter

I'm continuing my build out of my test server.  Next step is to install plex.  I've seen that there is a new docker guide, but anyone know where its located.  Tried searching the forum for it and can't find it.  All I find are references to the old way under an extensions menu on the webgui, which isn't in b15. 

I did find docker in settings, but its wanting path to the docker.img, but don't know where to find that image...where can I download or install that file?

Also I'm assuming now would be a good time to setup my apps SSD.  And confirming I need to purchase a full copy to do that?  Happy to do so, but was waiting to get it running first...

Helpful information, thanks.  So to confirm, Docker comes already active on the installation.  All I need to do is to copy the plex image to a directory and then put the path to it in the webgui for the docker and we should be good to go?

No that is not exactly right. You should use the GUI to do all of this, including any and all downloading of the dockers. See if any of the documentation already linked clears this up for you and come back with any specific questions or problems.

So i read through the link (http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33822.0), there's 63 pages of back and forth.  I read the first 10 pages or so.  Didn't see any explanatory process or instructions.  Is there a step by step set of instructions?

1. Access Webgui...

2. do this

3. do that

4. etc?

I've never used docker.  I looked at several videos on Youtube, very interesting and cool technology, but (sorry) I really just need the 5 or 10 steps to install and get it running.

Archived