system doesnt booting up after restart

codo1234

Still not sure what you are seeing on a monitor directly attached to the unRAID server.    I would expect to see some sort of messages indicating what is happening that would give a clue why the system is not booting.  I would suggest taking a picture and uploading it if needed.  For example there might be a suggestion that the BIOS has lost the setting to boot of the USB stick.  It is not clear to me whether the system is even getting to the stage of trying to boot unRAID.

Something else that occurs to me - you might want to check that your USB drive is not full.  Someone else reported that their upgrade failed when there was insufficient free space on the USB drive.

That message at that point in the boot sequence means either that the BIOS is no longer trying to boot from the USB drive or that the boot files on the USB drive are not valid.

I would suggest that first you check the BIOS boot settings.  If that looks correct then the problem is probably with the files on the USB drive.

Did you do the check that their was enough free space on the USB drive to do the update?  You might want to try downloading the unRAID 6 beta 15 release directly and manually extract the files overwriting the ones currently on the USB stick.  Possibly try putting the USB stick into a PC and running the make_bootable.bat file again to rewrite the boot files.

hey and thanks!!

i checked the bios, 1. is USB HDD ; 2. USB ZIP

(i tried also without 2 )

which update do u talk? there is 16GB on this STICk. i  instal only the 6 beta 15 version.

if i will rewrite it will delete the settings and my registar key that i bought?

how it happer? beacuse it works good before i rest the computer

hey and thanks!!

i checked the bios, 1. is USB HDD ; 2. USB ZIP

(i tried also without 2 )

That sounds like it should be OK.

which update do u talk? there is 16GB on this STICk. i  instal only the 6 beta 15 version.

if i will rewrite it will delete the settings and my registar key that i bought?

I assumed that things went wrong after you tried to apply the recent update to b15 via the GUI? Are you saying that you went directly to b15 via the Limetech download page

You should make sure that you have backed up the current contents of the USB key elsewhere (in particular your key) on a PC/Mac so that if necessary you can reformat the USB stick and proceed as if it were a new setup.

how it happer? beacuse it works good before i rest the computer

No idea since at the moment it is not clear what has gone wrong. 

It now sounds as if there might be some sort of corruption on the USB stick.  Have you tried putting it into a Windows system to see if Windows thinks it needs repair?  It is also always possible that the USB stick itself has become faulty?

Archived