[DOCKER] BaseImage for X apps: newest release x11rdp1.3

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

tested the update to your base image , regards clipboard.

Ok, that funny. I don't experience this at all. Does this happen with a native rdp client? Meaning when copying and pasting? I will try and see if the fixes that I need in xrdp have been committed and perhaps update guac and see if the issue resolves itself.

Hi hurricane, someone just brought it to my attention that in the caliber docker which is using the xvnc base, you can't use the direction keys and the delete button. Most other keys seem to work including backspace, though. Is that a bug or a limitation of guac?

Thanks

Hi Hurricane,

I rebuilt the calibre docker with both xrdp and xrdp1.2 branches, but I'm getting a black screen upon opening the web interface, selecting calibre and hitting ok. Here's a log: http://pastebin.com/UH84xi99

I suspect line 131 is the cause: ERROR: openbox-xdg-autostart requires PyXDG to be installed

Any ideas?

Btw, here's the calibre dev docker I built with xrdp: https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/aptalca/docker-rdp-calibre-dev/

Thanks

Hi Hurricane,

I rebuilt the calibre docker with both xrdp and xrdp1.2 branches, but I'm getting a black screen upon opening the web interface, selecting calibre and hitting ok. Here's a log: http://pastebin.com/UH84xi99

I suspect line 131 is the cause: ERROR: openbox-xdg-autostart requires PyXDG to be installed

Any ideas?

Btw, here's the calibre dev docker I built with xrdp: https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/aptalca/docker-rdp-calibre-dev/

Thanks

that comes up in containers of mine that i've used x11rdp with and hasn't affected anything.

did one earlier today in fact, comictagger which i rebased with x11rdp.

Ok, I did some more troubleshooting. I set the startapp.sh to fire up lxterminal. Within the terminal, I tried to start calibre and below is the error message I am getting. I believe it has to do with the graphics renderer software and/or adapter within the xrdp setup:

nobody@9b927ba47afc:~$ calibre
Fontconfig warning: ignoring C.UTF-8: not a valid language tag
process 165: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read machine uuid: Failed to open "/etc/machine-id": No such file or directory
See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue.
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: dlopen ${ORIGIN}/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (${ORIGIN}/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
Segmentation fault

Ok, I did some more troubleshooting. I set the startapp.sh to fire up lxterminal. Within the terminal, I tried to start calibre and below is the error message I am getting. I believe it has to do with the graphics renderer software and/or adapter within the xrdp setup:

process 165: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read machine uuid: Failed to open "/etc/machine-id": No such file or directory
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: dlopen ${ORIGIN}/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (${ORIGIN}/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
Segmentation fault

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-ati/+bug/1330870

Segmentation fault

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-ati/+bug/1330870

Thanks for nudging me in the right direction.

Turns out there were three distinct issues.

I solved the first one (missing swrast_dri.so) by installing the libgl1-mesa-dri package

I solved the second one (failed to read machine uuid) by installing the dbus package

But the last one, I'm at a loss. When I try to fire up calibre, I just get a "Segmentation fault". . . sigh. . .I guess I'll stick to xvnc as it seems to work fine for calibre.

• 1 month later...