[DOCKER] BaseImage for X apps: newest release x11rdp1.3

i wonder if you can answer a question, i tried to get a 32 bit app working with the xvnc branch, it works on my docker build VM but not in unraid.

comes back with

XnRetro: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

i'm guessing this is because unraid v6 is 64bit.

is there a way round this ?

image is here.

https://github.com/sparklyballs/desktop-dockers/tree/master/Xnretro

Yes; like all things it can be done given enough time and resources. It's not worth it in this case.

You need to enable 32bit emulation in the Linux unRAID kernel and then have to go through the cluster of "MultiLib" -- http://www.slackware.com/~alien/multilib/

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think it may be something in the rc.xml, i have a shotwell container and when you do an import a dialog pops up about whether you want to import in place or copy etc....

it's unseen behind the main dialog for importing, i can move the main dialog to one side to expose the other one, but if i click on it, it doesn't take focus as you would expect it to.

i think it may be something in the rc.xml, i have a shotwell container and when you do an import a dialog pops up about whether you want to import in place or copy etc....

it's unseen behind the main dialog for importing, i can move the main dialog to one side to expose the other one, but if i click on it, it doesn't take focus as you would expect it to.

I didn't get to see the image you posted, do you have a link? And your above statement has me lost.

test out the x11rdp one, its awesome.

oh hell yeah, it's super fast and images look as good as if they were on my mac apps.

Yeah it is. Tested out thourghly before making this your default base. The x11rdp library is built from the dev branch so it might be unstable. I need to use the dev branch otherwise checkboxes weren't displayed correctly.

I didn't get to see the image you posted, do you have a link? And your above statement has me lost.

my legendary communication skills, lol.

in one of my containers, clicking import photos brings up a picker dialog, you select the folder you want and then click enter.

then another box opens up to ask whether you want to import from location or copy, etc....

but this second box is behind the picker box, i can move the picker box to one side to expose an edge of the box underneath.

normally you would expect that clicking on a part of the box underneath it should come to the front, but it doesn't. the only way to get the box up front is to totally move the first box out of the way.

it's called focus in window's speak i believe..

i think it could possibly be related to clipboard issue and is something in rc.xml.

in one of my containers, clicking import photos brings up a picker dialog, you select the folder you want and then click enter.

then another box opens up to ask whether you want to import from location or copy, etc....

but this second box is behind the picker box, i can move the picker box to one side to expose an edge of the box underneath.

normally you would expect that clicking on a part of the box underneath it should come to the front, but it doesn't. the only way to get the box up front is to totally move the first box out of the way.

i think it could possibly be related to clipboard issue and is something in rc.xml.

http://openbox.org/wiki/Help:Configuration#Focus

Funny I just ran into that shotwell issue yesterday as well.

By the way, I created a Dev environment for this base image. A basic docker that installs lxterminal and opens a terminal window in the webui. I just put "TERM=xterm lxterminal" in the openbox autostart (or rather in startapp.sh)

There, I can test the install of any app and launch them to see whether they work properly or not. I can troubleshoot and once I figure out how to get them to work I can create a docker with the same steps.

Here is the container: https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/aptalca/docker-rdp-dev/dockerfile/

I would debug this by deleting rc.xml in the home directory of nobody. And restarting openbox, again you can just kill the process and runit should restart it.

The only lines I edited in rc.xml were the following:

<application class="*" type="normal">

<decor>no</decor>

<maximized>true</maximized>

</application>

</applications>

Any lines that reference the right mouse button, and the number of desktops.

By the way, I created a Dev environment for this base image. A basic docker that installs lxterminal and opens a terminal window in the webui. I just put "TERM=xterm lxterminal" in the openbox autostart (or rather in startapp.sh)

There, I can test the install of any app and launch them to see whether they work properly or not. I can troubleshoot and once I figure out how to get them to work I can create a docker with the same steps.

Here is the container: https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/aptalca/docker-rdp-dev/dockerfile/

cool, i'll take a look soon.

we need a WIP area so we don't double up on apps, lol.

I would debug this by deleting rc.xml in the home directory of nobody. And restarting openbox, again you can just kill the process and runit should restart it.

The only lines I edited in rc.xml were the following:

<application class="*" type="normal">

<decor>no</decor>

<maximized>true</maximized>

</application>

</applications>

Any lines that reference the right mouse button, and the number of desktops.

will do, also in another container (darktable)  i have an issue with a film strip area and the cursor keys. i think keymapping needs a lookover too.

Weird. I don't see why the clipboard channels from xrdp would have such an effect. The issue wasn't there before the clipboard channels? Where is the container. I will run some test.

i was wondering whether the clipboard thing was a window focus issue or not, i don't think the clipboard change brought about this problem with shotwell windows.

https://github.com/sparklyballs/desktop-dockers/tree/master/shotwell

This might actually be a bug in shotwell. The only way to make sure is to run it on a virtual machine or another linux machine and see the results.

Weird. I don't see why the clipboard channels from xrdp would have such an effect. The issue wasn't there before the clipboard channels? Where is the container. I will run some test.

i was wondering whether the clipboard thing was a window focus issue or not, i don't think the clipboard change brought about this problem with shotwell windows.

The clipboard was about enabling it in the xrdp ini file. I had it disabled, because I didn't see the point of having it enabled. I was quickly proven wrong by your users.

The clipboard was about enabling it in the xrdp ini file. I had it disabled, because I didn't see the point of having it enabled. I was quickly proven wrong by your users.

damn those damn users and their damn using, lol.

cool, i'll take a look soon.

we need a WIP area so we don't double up on apps, lol.

haha I know. But I didn't make a docker of it. I just tested to see whether it worked using my rdp-dev docker. I noticed the import issue, then gave up. I wanted to see whether it would be a viable alternative to digikam. As much as I hate the interface of digikam, it is very easy to organize libraries with the use of tags and facial recognition.

Hurricane,

I noticed that there is a new entry in the xrdp.ini called channels, and it shows up as the default entry in the WebUI (attached screenshot).

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but if not, could you perhaps move it to below the xrdp1 entry so it is not the default option?

Thanks

Capture4.PNG.76cfdb2e93e042b00010d0b51b51900b.PNG

Hurricane,

I noticed that there is a new entry in the xrdp.ini called channels, and it shows up as the default entry in the WebUI (attached screenshot).

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but if not, could you perhaps move it to below the xrdp1 entry so it is not the default option?

Thanks

i'm not seeing that in any of my containers.