[DOCKER] kodi isengard headless

Isengard went final within the last 15 minutes or so.

running a test build to see if the patch still works, or whether i have to wait for an updated patch.

Sparkly I had a thought.  I might be the only one using the "feature" but I added a mapping for a UDP port 9777 to the ES service.  It means I can add your headless container to Yatse and use my Android device to trigger a manual update if I need to.

Worth adding to the template or too fringe a use case?

freaky, i was talking to the linuxserver guys on irc and one of them wants a build with nothing disabled so they can use yatse and stream stuff to their android (ugh, rinses mouth) with it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

running a test build to see if the patch still works, or whether i have to wait for an updated patch.

Sparkly I had a thought.  I might be the only one using the "feature" but I added a mapping for a UDP port 9777 to the ES service.  It means I can add your headless container to Yatse and use my Android device to trigger a manual update if I need to.

freaky, i was talking to the linuxserver guys on irc and one of them wants a build with nothing disabled so they can use yatse and stream stuff to their android (ugh, rinses mouth) with it.

Android rules, iOS is for wimps  ;)

Android rules, iOS is for wimps  ;)

if you gauge your machismo by your phone, you have issues or no dial tone...

the port has been in the expose command of the dockerfile since the beginning i think (either that or very early on someone asked for it, i can't remember)

the port has been in the expose command of the dockerfile since the beginning i think (either that or very early on someone asked for it, i can't remember)

Yeah, just not in the template. Took me a while to work out as I was mapping it as TCP instead of UDP

Yeah, just not in the template. Took me a while to work out as I was mapping it as TCP instead of UDP

patch didn't fail and the compile is continuing , a good sign normally.

• 4 weeks later...

Couple of questions

1. This is kodi isengard version right? Its a headless version?

2. Does this work with crossplatform kodi? so one kodi windows machine, one kodi android machine etc etc?

3. Do i need a cache drive?

4. Can the library also populate from nfo files?

5. when does it auto update? as soon as files are added? Cause i dont use couchpotato or sickbeard..

Couple of questions

1. This is kodi isengard version right? Its a headless version?

2. Does this work with crossplatform kodi? so one kodi windows machine, one kodi android machine etc etc?

3. Do i need a cache drive?

4. Can the library also populate from nfo files?

5. when does it auto update? as soon as files are added? Cause i dont use couchpotato or sickbeard..

1. yes and yes

2. yes

3. no, but a cache is preferred in general for dockers

4. it can read nfo files

5. it doesn't autoupdate by default. there is a web interface of sorts (pretty useless) that can trigger updates or there is kodisend

https://www.mankier.com/1/kodi-send

Maybe its useful to let it autoupdate as soon as unraid is alive?

For me it would be handy if autoupdates as soon as files are added to the server... isnt that possible?

not everybody wants that setting.......

if your drives aren't ready for some reason and the library tries to update it can remove things from the library.

Not to start a war between both but which way is better?

This kodi isengard headless version with mysql or emby server and kodi plugin

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=41207.0

better is subjective at best..........

thats not an answer lol

it is absolutely an answer to the question.

if an app A does what i want then in my opinion its better than another app B that doesn't

if app B does what you want and app A doesn't , then app B in your opinion is better.

better is subjective.

thats not an answer lol

if an app A does what i want then in my opinion its better than another app B that doesn't

if app B does what you want and app A doesn't , then app B in your opinion is better.

better is subjective.

But not if "does what i want" is both the same...

It both does the same no?

thats not an answer lol

better is subjective.

But not if "does what i want" is both the same...

It both does the same no?

better would still be subjective.