Lost network connection

so I got home from work and all of the sudden my server has no connection to the internet. I have rebooted the server as well as the router and modems and was able to get everything else back up and running but now I cannot get the server to get it's connection back. I tried doing a fresh install of Unraid 6.0 as well as the old install I was using 5.x something and I get the same results regardless.

I only have a monitor to attach for a day so I really am hoping to get this fixed as soon as possible. I have attached the syslog.

thanks

syslog.txt

so there are no available PCI slots on my motherboard. Can I use the on board wifi or a usb nic? Are there any speed differences between a USB nic and the onboard one? Over the last month I have had to replace 2 drives and a power supply and I am completely tapped out and cannot afford a new motherboard for this stupid thing.

It's very unlikely that drivers for those would be included in unRAID.

BUT ... you don't need them, you have a working NIC in that machine, only a slow connection at 100mbps, but should work OK, once a DHCP server on the network responds.  It all worked up to that point, but no DHCP server ever responded, and you HAVE to have an assigned IP address to be on the network.  So there are two things you can do, figure out WHY DHCP is not working (why your router is not providing DHCP services) or change this machine to a static IP (set it yourself in network.cfg).  Log into your router and see if you can figure out what is happening to the DHCP server in it, might be called IP distribution or IP assignment or other things.  While you are there, find where it lists connections, including old ones, and you should probably find your unRAID server listed, and what IP it was last assigned.

So if you cannot fix the DHCP, then you can edit the network.cfg in the config folder of the flash drive, and set USE_DHCP=no (that triggers using a static IP), set IPADDR= your desired IP address (eg. IPADDR=192.168.1.10), and set both GATEWAY= and DNS_SERVER1= to the same as the IP except with a 1 for the last number (eg. DNS_SERVER1=192.168.1.1 and GATEWAY=192.168.1.1).  Show us a copy if you are having problems with this.

My router seems to be assigning dhcp just fine to everything in the network just fine except the server. When I look at the assigned table it is never listed. It used to have a reserved ip via the router but when I reset the router that assignment was lost. I have tried to do that again but to no avail. It seems like it is just ignoring that connection or something.

I did try once to set network.cfg manually like you listed but with my network specs and it listed the ip in ifconfig but there was no connectivity.

I found an airport express device this morning and tried to plug it into that and the router saw the MAC address of the router but still did not assign it an IP.

My router can do that too, but that's because I have it configured to limit the number of connections, to avoid possible drive-by WIFI usage/hacking.  You might check to see if you have configured the DHCP server (or IP distribution/assignment function) to limit the range possible or the connections allowed.  Perhaps you recently added something else on the network, that used up the last one allowed?

If you set a static IP on both the server and an a PC, you should be able to directly connect an Ethernet cable between them and then access the server's GUI via the IP address.    Trying this will also confirm that the basic Ethernet port is working (it appears that it is from your earlier graphics).

so I set up the network.cfg thing (i forget the actual name at the moment) and direct connected a windows pc with both a crossover and regular ethernet cable. I have never attempted this so I might be doing something wrong but the windows computer just complains about not being connected to a network and I still cannot connect to the GUI via its IP.