What AntiVirus are you running on VMs?

bilbo6209

I have Ran Avast on all my systems (well at least desktop OS systems, including VMs) forever but apparently KVM VMs don't like Avast.... Every time when I install Avast it hangs the VM at the point it is "starting the Kernal Driver aswSnx" and if I hard crash the VM it becomes unbootable with the following error

oZ09h3D.png

I have repeated this several times on every Unraid build from 6.0 b15 to rc3 :(

I have had great luck with Avast and would prefer to stay with Avast.... But I'm open to other options at this point vs running without AV.

Bill

What's wrong with windows defender?

Unfortunately Per Microsoft Windows Defender does not preform a full antiVirus Scan function on Windows 7, so I need something else.

I have done some digging and there appears to be a fix for Avast out there but it isn't baked in to the official code yet. the issue appears to be something with the VStor driver, if I understood correctly.

Interesting. Good to know its an avast specific issue.

I'm trying to find the bug report I found that reported it that i found yesterday.. so far I have only found one that was closed as a duplicate to another that was closed :)

The one I found yesterday linked to 3 other things, 2 pointed to files from paid versions of files that resolved the issue, but the 3rd appeared to be referring to a version that is or would be rolled into the free version (of Redhat, or KVM I think but I had just had a root canal and wasn't paying 100% attention).

Archived