What am I doing wrong? Plex docker...

I'm trying to download plex media server docker repository and it's throwing this error half way through the download and not letting me finish installing.  Please help if you can.

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker run -d --name="PlexMediaServer" --net="host" --privileged="true" -e TZ="America/Phoenix" -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/plex/":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/TV Shows/":"TV Shows":rw -v "/mnt/user/Movies/":"Movies":rw -v "/mnt/user/Video2/":"Video2":rw needo/plex

invalid value "/mnt/user/TV Shows/:TV Shows:rw" for flag -v: TV Shows:rw is not an absolute path
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

I'm trying to download plex media server docker repository and it's throwing this error half way through the download and not letting me finish installing.  Please help if you can.

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker run -d --name="PlexMediaServer" --net="host" --privileged="true" -e TZ="America/Phoenix" -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/plex/":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/TV Shows/":"TV Shows":rw -v "/mnt/user/Movies/":"Movies":rw -v "/mnt/user/Video2/":"Video2":rw needo/plex

invalid value "/mnt/user/TV Shows/:TV Shows:rw" for flag -v: TV Shows:rw is not an absolute path

The command failed.

if you're inputting the paths by hand you need to "escape" spaces.

what that means is , if there is a space in a path name you need to put a \ before it so that the system knows the next character is part of the same path (ie the space) and not a new command or path.

hmm, if I just add the Movies folder, no spaces in that, it's doing the same thing.  Is there an easy way to rename shares?  It's not letting me rename them.

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker run -d --name="PlexMediaServer" --net="host" --privileged="true" -e TZ="America/Phoenix" -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/plex/":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/Movies/":"Movies":rw needo/plex

invalid value "/mnt/user/Movies/:Movies:rw" for flag -v: Movies:rw is not an absolute path

The command failed.

hmm, if I just add the Movies folder, no spaces in that, it's doing the same thing.  Is there an easy way to rename shares?  It's not letting me rename them.

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker run -d --name="PlexMediaServer" --net="host" --privileged="true" -e TZ="America/Phoenix" -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/plex/":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/Movies/":"Movies":rw needo/plex

invalid value "/mnt/user/Movies/:Movies:rw" for flag -v: Movies:rw is not an absolute path

The command failed.

i see it now....

paths need to always start with a leading /

on the container side (the right of the : your paths are just Movies instead of /Movies

The command failed.

i see it now....

on the container side (the right of the : your paths are just Movies instead of /Movies

I have gotten into the habit of putting leading AND trailing /'s in all of my paths.

John

The command failed.

i see it now....

Yay, that worked!!!  Is there an easy way to rename shares?

hmm, Plex web ui isn't connecting.  EDIT, nevermind I just tried it in IE with minimal plugins and it's working fine now.  Thanks for your help sparklyballs!!!!

Unable to connect

Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.97:32400.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Pale Moon is permitted to access the Web.

hmm, Plex web ui isn't connecting.  EDIT, nevermind I just tried it in IE with minimal plugins and it's working fine now.  Thanks for your help sparklyballs!!!!

Unable to connect

Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.97:32400.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Pale Moon is permitted to access the Web.

welcome.