Constant reboot loop

Whomastadon

OK,

After moving house i tried to start my unraid server but it keeps going through a rebooting loop. After it loads the unRAID OS and goes through all the logs and white matrix style writing ( im obviously not super technically minded, but i know enough to have this thing working for the last 2 - 3 years ) it will reboot before it gets to the part where you type in the username ie: root

I thought fk it and installed unraid 6 to the usb as i figured I start a whole new fresh install and it's doing the same thing. It did work about twice out of about 30 boot attempts. In between I've swapped out some 2TB drives for a couple of 5tb and 4tb drives. I have a feeling my HP N36L microserver may have shat itself, or i need to update the bios or something.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Just wondering, I came home to find the unraid server offline. When i tried to restart it i had the same rbeooting loop problem.

It said something about " HC died " in the startup logs.

I have a feeling the flash drive is dying. Another reason is that it hangs a bit on finding the Primary slave and the rest of the disks.

I'm doing a memtest now to rule that out.

Does anyone know what " HC died  " means?

Just wondering, I came home to find the unraid server offline. When i tried to restart it i had the same rbeooting loop problem.

It said something about " HC died " in the startup logs.

I have a feeling the flash drive is dying. Another reason is that it hangs a bit on finding the Primary slave and the rest of the disks.

I'm doing a memtest now to rule that out.

Does anyone know what " HC died  " means?

A quick Google suggest it has something to do with a USB Host Controller dying, so it could be something on the motherboard.

Archived