Disk formatting

wgstarks

Is there a plugin that will format disks for unraid 6?

Or maybe some instructions on how to do it manually? I found one set but they were marked as outdated so I'm reluctant to use them.

Are you wanting to format a disk for mounting outside the array?

What file system? Do you also need to partition?

I have a disk in hot standby right now. I figured that since LT is recommending XFS now, I would start with this disk and then possibly shuffle files in my array to accommodate reformatting all the disks one at a time.

I don't believe partitions would be necessary for this and the disks will not be used outside the array, but knowing how to create partitions, etc would be a plus.

I have a disk in hot standby right now. I figured that since LT is recommending XFS now, I would start with this disk and then possibly shuffle files in my array to accommodate reformatting all the disks one at a time.

I don't believe partitions would be necessary for this and the disks will not be used outside the array, but knowing how to create partitions, etc would be a plus.

If you intend to use these disks in the array then you should let unRAID partition and format them when you add them to the array or you may have issues getting unRAID to recognize them as disks that don't need to be cleared.

Archived