Upgrade from v6-beta-15 to 6.0.1

Hi everyone,

Ok, so the 'upgrade button' in plugins is not working. so a manual process is required.

• download 6.0.1 and unzip.
  • take backup of working v6beat15

then what files are needed for this type of upgrade?

is it just the ' bzimage' file i need to copy over from the downloaded 6.0.1 to the USB ?

Fod

Hi everyone,

Ok, so the 'upgrade button' in plugins is not working. so a manual process is required.

• download 6.0.1 and unzip.
  • take backup of working v6beat15

then what files are needed for this type of upgrade?

is it just the ' bzimage' file i need to copy over from the downloaded 6.0.1 to the USB ?

Fod

No -the upgrade to v6 is not that simple as you have to also handle the fact that any 32-bit plugins or extras you may be using with v5 will not work with v6.

There is a comprehensive upgrade guide based on user experiences that should cover any questions you may have and help guide you through the process.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. :)

I am at V6-beta-15 not version 5.

so V6-beta-15 to v6.0.1

The guide still contains useful information  :)

Have you tried going to the Plugins tab and doing a "Check for Updates".  I think I remember that option being available in beta 15 for updating the OS via the GUI.  If not then copying across bzroot/bzimage should work.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. :)

I am at V6-beta-15 not version 5.

so V6-beta-15 to v6.0.1

The guide still contains useful information  :)

Have you tried going to the Plugins tab and doing a "Check for Updates".  I think I remember that option being available in beta 15 for updating the OS via the GUI.  If not then copying across bzroot/bzimage should work.

You can definitely upgrade from version v6b15 to v6.0.1 by using the built-in upgrade feature,  as explained by itimpi.

Hi All,

thanks for the replys, but as i said (but did not expand on) the upgrade feature in V6-beta-15 does not work for me.

I have tried several time to use the upgrade button, both with and without teh dockers running to no avail.

I have take syslogs before, after the upgrade is complete and the after reboot and scanned them with no luck. although i am not an expert mind.

so manual upgrade it is.

bonienl, & itimpi thanks for the Tip, i read that guide seve3ral times when upgrading from V5(beta something or other) to V6. I was able to upgrade with out incident, awesome work on that guide!.

but in this case i will just copy the bzroot/bzimage and see how i go.

FOD