setting up crashplan docker help

loady

I have installed gjgardims crashplan docker (both of them) and i cant get it working, i have read a few guides here and there but not having much luck..not sure exactly what i need to do..when i click the user interface it takes me to the crashplan website (not what i was expecting) and i have created an account but i am stuck from there, i only want to be able to back up laptops to my server.

There is no CrashPlan web UI.  Clicking WebUI in the docker will take you to the CrashPlan website, that is normal behavior.  You need to connect to the CrashPlan engine with a Windows or Mac client or through the MATE CrashPlan-desktop.  If you want to backup laptops to the unRAID server, you will want to install CrashPlan on the laptop, connect through the CrashPlan client for the laptop OS and set the server as the backup destination.

I just went through this and also needed help. Are both running fine in the docker tab?

To fire up the "client", I was on Windows and just launched "Remote Desktop Connection" (RDC) and entered my unraid host IP and port 3380. So for me: 192.168.1.115:3389

That got me in and then I could get started....I needed lots of help to get that far.  :)

I think i understand..however i cant see how to connect them up..is there a guide for this as it is not a supported feature of crash plan officially so its quite a  unique setup experience.

Exactly what do you want to connect?  RDP/VNC through MATE CrashPlan-Desktop to CrashPlan Engine on unRAID or native Windows/Mac client on laptop CrashPlan engine on unRAID? I have both methods working and there are some tweaks you need to do to each depending on what your preferred client connection is.

Archived