Help, my unRAID unit might have just died!

flimflamman

I've been running an unRAID unit for quite some time. Came home today and noticed my plex server was down (located on the unit). Couldn't log into the unRAID webGUI.

Hooked up a monitor to my unRAID tower and it wasn't picking up a video signal. Rebooted my unRAID unit a few times and finally was able to see the boot screen. Got a cmos checksum error so I went into the bios setup and re-added the date/time and boot order.

Rebooted my unit again and actually go to the unRAID boot which seemed to be running just fine. It actually completed the boot up sequence and it looked like it was fully complete (could see the option to log in as a user to the tower) and sudden I got a huge kernel panic.

Now every time I restart my unit I get stuck on the unRAID installer Loading the bzroot..........................

Of note the monitor has a bunch of blue and black rectangular images which flash all over the screen. This occurs throughout the motherboard startup sequence and the unRAID boot.

I'm guessing this is likely a hardware issue but I'm not sure if it's a motherboard, CPU or RAM issue.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to further diagnose this issue or does this sound obvious for hardware failure?

unRAID 6.

not sure how to run memteset

You will get a boot menu.  Arrow down and select Memtest.  It pretty much does everything else on it own.

If that fails to run, open up the case and verify that all of the fans are running and that the cooling passages and grills are clear of  dust.  Double check that CPU radiator is not clogged.

Archived