Permission issues strike again, no users, all shares Public, Windows machines

iarp

I've always seemed to struggle with this on multiple unraid machines.

I have recently moved up to v6.1.2 from 5. I decided a fresh install would be best after crashing issues and version 5 seemingly having constant permission issues. The crashing has stopped but the permissions have continued.

I have 15 shares, all of them are Public. I have never setup users and all but one the machines that connect to the server are Windows based. When I reinstalled the server I also had to remap all the drives on my machines. I did so without it ever asking for credentials, it was always instantly readable.

However if I create a folder on one machine almost without fail it will be invisible to other machines until newperms is run. I have run newperms on the entire server twice since updating to v6. Despite that I am constantly having to login to the server and newperms on the folder I just created.

It's getting kind of tiring and old having to do this every time. Any suggestions? Does anyone else suffer from this? My co-worker doesn't at his house, however the server we have at work does suffer as well.

My current ongoing solution has been to cronjob it at midnight every day.