Laptop support

PanzerSajt

Hello everyone!

I was trying to find information about laptop support for unRAID, but unfortunately I haven't found any.

In particular I would like to install unRAID on my Lenovo Y50-70 (I can provide specification if needed) and run two Operating Systems. One using the built-in display and IntelHD4600 the other using GTX860M through HDMI.

Thanks

My Porsche is a car;  my friend's Ferrari is a car;  and our Prius is a car.    They just have different price tags.

Note that the "UnRAID systems" talked about on this forum range from low-end AMD systems where the basic motherboard/CPU/memory system costs $150 and is in a $50 case all the way up to systems with motherboard/CPU/memory with E5 series Xeons and 64GB of registered RAM that costs $2000 or more, mounted in $500 cases mounted in $500 racks.    Yet they're all basically NAS's at the core.

• 9 months later...

Thanks for the replys.

We got a little far from the original subject.

I did not give up on the idea yet. Now I will try with eGPU attached to the PCI-e line that is used for a WiFi card currently.

I am planning to run two OSs on unRaid. One would get GTX860m and would have the internal display the other would use the external GPU with external display. unRaid would run headless.

I will keep you updated if I make progress and don't forget this thread once again :D

Thanks for the replys.

We got a little far from the original subject.

I did not give up on the idea yet. Now I will try with eGPU attached to the PCI-e line that is used for a WiFi card currently.

I am planning to run two OSs on unRaid. One would get GTX860m and would have the internal display the other would use the external GPU with external display. unRaid would run headless.

I will keep you updated if I make progress and don't forget this thread once again :D

Why a laptop?

Archived