KinoConsole PC Gaming to Apple TV 4

Kryspy

Hmm, interesting.  I have some reading to do to understand how this differs against Steam In Home Streaming and the others.  It seems like this is a close comparison to Project Moonlight:  http://moonlight-stream.com/

That said, Moonlight is based on solely NVIDIA GameStream tech (open sourcing it), but the Kino stuff looks like it's more generic.  That could also mean 100% software encoding.  Not sure because their website is somewhat bland and doesn't have a lot of detailed information.  I'm going to have to download and give this a go.

What's surprising is that they don't mention supporting streaming to other PC devices (like laptops or Macs).  Wonder if that's on their radar at all.

Also curious if they can support games other than Steam ones.  Thanks for the find Kryspy.  Got something new to distract me and consume my time...just what I need right now ;-)

jonp,

Supports any PC game.

Kryspy

Gave it a 5 minute test tonight with my Nexus 6.  It definitely "worked," but I need to tinker with settings some more.  The one thing I am super-impressed by is the controls on android (on-screen controls).  I thought that was pretty amazing tbh.

Got a Windows 10 VM up with Steam installed and the KinoServer.  Seems to work fine. Didn't invest a ton of money in a video card. Purchased a Zotac 730; seems to do the trick for less than $100.

Works fine as far as I can tell. Have to get the video card to output 1920x1080 still.

Kryspy