Cache Pooling...Is there no remedy for slow speeds?

I have no option to move to onboard as I have 12 drives and 6 on board SATA ports.
Why can't you move some of your spinners to the HBA so the SSD's can have the higher speed motherboard ports?

First off, both the M1015 and my SATA on-board ports are rated at 6GB/s so I don't really see any benefit to moving them.  But even if I did want to I can't because my UnRAID server is in a VM and all the drives are connected to my controller which is passed through to the VM via Direct-I/O passthrough.

I have no option to move to onboard as I have 12 drives and 6 on board SATA ports.
Why can't you move some of your spinners to the HBA so the SSD's can have the higher speed motherboard ports?

First off, both the M1015 and my SATA on-board ports are rated at 6GB/s so I don't really see any benefit to moving them.  But even if I did want to I can't because my UnRAID server is in a VM and all the drives are connected to my controller which is passed through to the VM via Direct-I/O passthrough.

And there you might have the problem. Could it not be possible that it's the pass through that is the problem? I would test unraid barebone just to be sure it's not a pass through problem.

And there you might have the problem. Could it not be possible that it's the pass through that is the problem? I would test unraid barebone just to be sure it's not a pass through problem.

Hmmmm, just did a test copy (of the same data) from a Windows VM on the same VM server to UnRAID and I got 112MB/s the whole way.  Two things stand out to me about this.  First off I'm not sure why my transfer was capped at 1Gbps if both VM's are using VMX3 drivers and therefor theoretically linked at 10Gbps.  Secondly, why did this transfer stay consistently at 112MB/s compared to the transfer between my physical PC and my UnRAID server.

I'm going to need to physically wire my laptop and do some testing from that.