AOC-SASLP-MV8 Dropping a Drive entering into unRAID

When ever I breath towards my AOC-SASLP-MV8 or touch a cable the next thing I know the drive connected comes up as not available and needs to be removed and then rebuilt. I've tried two separate drives and every time I get the same results.

Really frustrating when I really want to add more drives since my SATA connections are all full and I currently only have one drive on that controller.

I'm running 6.1.6 with .21 Firmware installed.

I just ordered a new Sata power cable with 5 connections just incase its a power issue which should be in the mail soon, but I have tried two separate  Forward Cables with the same results.

As well I'm pretty sure I'm using Break Out Cables that are of the Forward type. Looking at them they don't say they are, but I'm "pretty sure" they are when I bought them a couple years back.  They are Molex 79576-3004

Are you using one of the corsair CX series power supplies ? Garycase has reported that some people have issues with that model PSU's

Why yes I am. Lol

*sigh*

I have a 400CX installed

and my spare is a CX430

Odd Model numbering, but thats what I have.

Do you have a link to what Gary Said?

Are you using one of the corsair CX series power supplies ? Garycase has reported that some people have issues with that model PSU's

Why yes I am. Lol

*sigh*

I have a 400CX installed

and my spare is a CX430

Odd Model numbering, but thats what I have.

Do you have a link to what Gary Said?

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39486.msg368476#msg368476

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=42583.msg406073#msg406073

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=44980.msg429429#msg429429

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=44472.msg424973#msg424973

That's just from a 2 second search

• 2 weeks later...

Seems replacing my Corsair CX Power Supply with a new AX760 might of fixed the problem.

I will have to give the power supply some credit its lasted trouble free for several years.

However I think my AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 doesn't like to Preclear which might be causing drive issues too. I'm going to fire up another machine and preclear on it for a bit and see if that resolves future problems. Kinda a bummer, but lets my server just idle and let some other machine take some abuse for a bit.

The CX line is a bit low-end to be using 24/7 - they're not quite stable enough unless you go up to something like the CX750.  I have a CX750 that's been running 24/7 for several years at pretty much 90% load (running a bitcoin miner).  I have a few CX430 and they've not been wonderful, they seem to freak out the odd time and turn off.

I also used a CS450M in my homebrew server, and I swear it was similar, just things went a bit odd sometimes, and I can only mark it down as PSU issues.

However, I've had no issues at all with the RM860 in my 'big' machine, even when I had the 220W+ FX9370 overclocked chip.

Yep, I dropped my Motherboard I just pulled out of my current production server into a spare case which I had a Brand New never been fired up CX430 and man its so unpredictable its insane. So either the mother board I pulled out of my Production server into my spare case is totally wacked or this brand new CX is totally garbage.

Currently the Motherboard in my Production server is an exact clone and I thought it was failng until I swapped out my CX400 for an AX760 which is humming along nicely. I'm just having issues pre-clearing with my AOC-SAS2LP-MV8. Another person I talked to said he had nothing but issues trying to clear with it as well. So my thoughts are/is to build another machine just for some basic pre-clearing action. However I seem to be rubbing two rocks together hoping for the best and getting nothing but busted knuckles. Lol

I guess in the end at least my Production Server is up and running nicely and I don't have to worry about my 6year old screaming at me because he can't watch his Curious George and the misses can still Watch her CSI re-runs.