[SOLVED]Can't make network connection

goslo

Fresh install will not set up networking

I had a test server running well on V6 and the motherboard lan port died.

I have installed a Lan card and I verifed it works by booting Parted Magic from a USB stick and connecting to the internet using Firefox.

When Unraid does it's setup it waits for a minute "waiting for carrier", then continues only to end with cannot obtain IP address.

I have completed this process with 3 different Lan cards, same result.

I have also used a new config/fresh install on a different USB stick, same result.

I have tried adding the new mac address to network.cfg, same result

I have erased the old static address from the router also.

I'm really stuck on this one. Any ideas?

tower-diagnostics-20160109-1030.zip

Fresh install will not set up networking

I had a test server running well on V6 and the motherboard lan port died.

I have installed a Lan card and I verifed it works by booting Parted Magic from a USB stick and connecting to the internet using Firefox.

When Unraid does it's setup it waits for a minute "waiting for carrier", then continues only to end with cannot obtain IP address.

I have completed this process with 3 different Lan cards, same result.

I have also used a new config/fresh install on a different USB stick, same result.

I have tried adding the new mac address to network.cfg, same result

I have erased the old static address from the router also.

I'm really stuck on this one. Any ideas?

Disable the onboard port in the BIOS

I disabled the M/B Lan in the BIOS now the setup doesn't recognize any Lan card, yet I can still get network access through it using Parted/Firefox. I'm using a fresh install of V6 USB, have also tried V5 , results are the same, just the loopback setup shown under ifconfig

Well it looks like this NIC at least has drivers loaded...

03:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller [11ab:4362] (rev 20)
Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Marvell 88E8053 Gigabit Ethernet controller PCIe (Asus) [1043:8142]
Kernel driver in use: sky2
Kernel modules: sky2

Whereas this one I'm not so sure...

01:02.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: 3Com Corporation 3c905 100BaseTX [boomerang] [10b7:9050]

So I would try and focus on the first one for now which I think is the built in NIC...

Archived