Plex and Share permissions (noob question)

sport

- When setting the path in the Plex Docker for the media user share, does it need read and write?

- If I were to go and set the share that houses the "Media" to Secure, would I then have to provide the Docker with the associated credential?  Or, does it have access via unRaid at a system level?

I have just recently taken the plunge into unRaid, after trying FreeNAS and I must say it is a really nice product with a community that is very supportive.  Looking forward to really getting into this product.

Cheers!

- When setting the path in the Plex Docker for the media user share, does it need read and write?

- If I were to go and set the share that houses the "Media" to Secure, would I then have to provide the Docker with the associated credential?  Or, does it have access via unRaid at a system level?

I have just recently taken the plunge into unRaid, after trying FreeNAS and I must say it is a really nice product with a community that is very supportive.  Looking forward to really getting into this product.

Cheers!

I believe it is at the system level..

Cheers!

I believe it is at the system level..

Share security only applies to the particular network protocol you set it in, SMB for example.

As far as I know plex only needs to write to its library but I have never tried it with read-only to my media. Let us know if you try it or find an answer.

Archived