XFX ATI Radeon 5450 audio passthrough

DLP

I have an XFX ATI Radeon 5450 video card for my OpenELEC VM. I have the video pass through working but when I try to pass through the audio to the video card I get a kernel panic when I start the VM. It is listed in the devices as:

01:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Cedar HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 5400/6300 Series]

Can this work? Or do I need to look for another card?

You could try specifying the bios ROM for the card and see if that helps. It is explained how to do it in the unraid 6 part of the wiki.

I have the same problem.  OpenElec actually worked with the card, until I switched it over to OVMF (SeaBios randomly crashes my server on any VM)  I solved it by switching to an Nvidia GTX650 and OVMF, but will definitely look at the BIOS rom file, as I'd prefer to use the 5450

You could try specifying the bios ROM for the card and see if that helps. It is explained how to do it in the unraid 6 part of the wiki.

I have the same problem.  OpenElec actually worked with the card, until I switched it over to OVMF (SeaBios randomly crashes my server on any VM)  I solved it by switching to an Nvidia GTX650 and OVMF, but will definitely look at the BIOS rom file, as I'd prefer to use the 5450

No guarantee it will work. Didn't move my 6450 card in the first slot again to check it. I think I got it on both seabios and ovmf.

is the BIOS ROM file supposed to be a .bin file? Mine is XFX.HD5450.1024.110612.rom. It didn't help. Still getting kernel panic on startup.

***update - Got thinking about BIOS and checked the BIOS for my motherboard. I updated it and video and sound now work! Thanks everyone :)