[SOLVED] Dynamix GUI install assistance

After I ran the wget and installplg, I could see it in the Installed Plugins.  I had the array offline.  Navigated to Main and started the array and its now hung on that page.  Once the dynamix plugin has been re-installed, do you have to reboot? 

If reboot - I have a pre-clear in process.  Is is ok to reboot with a preclear in process?  I started the preclear from the Webgui, so not sure where I can access it without the GUI...?  Usually I do a screen for preclears.  Been trying all the webgui goodies...and stumbling along the way... ;)

It may well be time for a reboot tbh, and hopefully that'll clear things up...

But you will lose any progress on your preclear and will have to start again....

If you run across something on the forum's that's not indexed within CA, as a general rule its for the uber advanced user, or you can expect support on the app to be non-existent.

Apart from the DVB Mediabuilds.... They're easy to install and not in CA....

Well i figured if you could do a shameless plug....  ;D

Jeffrey

If you can telnet in and navigate to /boot then when the preclear is finished there should be three files named preclear......blah preread post read etc per disk

I can't remember where they are copied to but that may help give an indication of when it's finished.  It may however, just be easier to write it off as experience and start the preclear again, once again, we've all been there....

@Squid (and other watching noobs)...  Now I REALLY get it.  I've use CA (Community Apps) to do everything in UR 6, but...and this is important...did not know CA replaced everything else.  Calling is the App Store is a great way to get the concept across... 

I took a lot of flak from people when it was called "AppStore" on the tabs and ultimately renamed it Apps.

If you run across something on the forum's that's not indexed within CA, as a general rule its for the uber advanced user, or you can expect support on the app to be non-existent.

Because you've never done a template...  Your fault, not mine.

soon™  ;D

soon™  ;D

right... I forgot

Jeffrey

If you can telnet in and navigate to /boot then when the preclear is finished there should be three files named preclear......blah preread post read etc per disk

I can't remember where they are copied to but that may help give an indication of when it's finished.  It may however, just be easier to write it off as experience and start the preclear again, once again, we've all been there....

So its ok to reboot on an active preclear...  I'm pretty sure its ok, but just want to make sure...

Jeffrey

So its ok to reboot on an active preclear...  I'm pretty sure its ok, but just want to make sure...

nothing averse will happen short of having to start it again.

Well, something is not right.  When I reboot and try to access the web gui, the browser hangs.  I am able to load Unmenu, the array is started.  I'm not able to access any drives via SMB, plex is not accessible either (I assume because docker isn't running).  Can I just reinstall unRaid on the USB?  If I reinstall unRaid over an existing install, will that correct the corrupted files?  And will that then leave my docker installs alone (plex, etc).

Well, something is not right.  When I reboot and try to access the web gui, the browser hangs.  I am able to load Unmenu, the array is started.  I'm not able to access any drives via SMB, plex is not accessible either (I assume because docker isn't running).  Can I just reinstall unRaid on the USB?  If I reinstall unRaid over an existing install, will that correct the corrupted files?  And will that then leave my docker installs alone (plex, etc).

Yes  or you can try just deleting all the .plg file on the flash drive in config/plugins and rebooting