Parity Sync - Status

Hi Team

I purchased a drive to use for parity for my array. I understand this process takes long , however once I enable the Parity Sync process , I seem to not be able to access the web interface. I can access the cli over ssh. What is the command to check the status of parity sync from cli?

Hmmm. Not sure what the issue with NOT being able to access the GUI is BUT it might be worthwhile posting your diagnostics (which if you can't wait for your parity Sync to finish) you can get from the command line by typing:

diagnostics

This will get the diagnostics zip file normally created from the command in the Tools section of the GUI.  The resulting zip file is put into the logs folder on the flash drive I believe.

As for checking the status of the Parity Sync I "believe" it is this command:

/root/mdcmd status | egrep "mdResync|mdState|sbSync"

I have just run it on my Backup Server (which is doing a Parity Check) so its a safe command. I get output like this:

root@backup:~# /root/mdcmd status | egrep "mdResync|mdState|sbSync"
sbSynced=1451620723
sbSyncErrs=0
mdState=STARTED
mdResync=7814026532
mdResyncCorr=1
mdResyncPos=673948296
mdResyncDt=32
mdResyncDb=4844972
root@backup:~#                    

I can sort of extrapolate that it is running. Correct Errors is selected. It is in position "673948296"(y) of "7814026532"(x) which with some quick math (x/100*y) I would say its about 8% through (which is consistent with what my GUI is reporting) so I "think" my interpretation is correct.

Archived