Reboot unRAID cleanly from a VM?

I have set up unRAID servers for a couple of friends.  I have installed a Windows VM on each server to run various scripts to move photos and videos from DropBox to the server.  I also have installed TeamViewer so I can connect remotely and assist with issues when they arise.

Here's a use case that appears to be unsupported:

• Connect to Windows VM via TeamViewer (or your preferred remote support tool)
  • Open unRAID web interface
  • Use the Plugins page to update unRAID to the latest version
  • Reboot unRAID so the update takes effect

I can't do this because I can't start a clean reboot until I stop the array, but when I stop the array unRAID also shuts down the VMs.

I wish there were a way to schedule a clean unRAID reboot once at hh:mm time of day, or mmm minutes from now.

Is anyone else looking to do this? Have you found a workaround, perhaps using an unRAID BASH script or plugin?

Thanks!

Did you try rebooting using Dynamix System Buttons plugin?

Do as soana suggested and install the plugin and the powerdown plugin. Then you can push Ctrl while clicking the reboot/powerdown button that is in the right top corner and everything should workmas you want  :)

Do as soana suggested and install the plugin and the powerdown plugin. Then you can push Ctrl while clicking the reboot/powerdown button that is in the right top corner and everything should workmas you want  :)

Why the ctrl?

Why the ctrl?

Then the system buttons plugin uses the powerdown plugin to shutdown/reboot the server. If you click shutdown/reboot without holding ctrl you will only stop the array for some reason I don't remember now.