How to shutdown Unraid?

mattail

Hi all

I apologize in advance if my question is obvious. Yesterday I finally finished building my server. I installed Unraid an purchased a key then installed my drives.

Today I created my user shares and I'm currently moving files from my old synology to Unraid.

I want to move my server to another location and have to disconnect power, but I can't find any functions in the Unraid web-ui to shutdown the server.

I have IPMI, can I just shut it down from there and then turn it on again once it is in it's proper location?

Are there anything I should be cautious about when doing this?

You want to gracefully shut down the array, otherwise upon boot up it will start a parity check.

If you go to the MAIN tab, at the bottom, once you have stopped the array, you will see an option to power down, tick the box and click the button to power down and it will.

Hi Ashman70

Thanks for your reply. :)

Does the array starts automatically after power up or do I have to do it manually?

Also I have another question. I have an SSD for cache, as far as I understand it would be a good idea to install the docker images in the cash folder on the SSD drive, is that correctly understood?

Wouldn't it be better to create a folder outside the cache folder named "Docker" and put docker images there?

If you go to the SETTINGS tab, and then DISK SETTINGS, the first option is AUTO START, I believe its enabled by default and with it enabled the array will automatically start, so if you don't want it to start, disable it.

Putting your docker image on the cache drive is fine, I have mine in mnt/cache

I have activated docker from the webgui and according to the guide on the LimeTech website there should be a new section where it is possible to add docker containers. However this option is not present on my screen, see screendump. I've tried to click on the "Scrub" button and uncheck the "Don't fix file system errors" but still nothing.

Am I missing something?

yQgVM6l.png

I have activated docker from the webgui and according to the guide on the LimeTech website there should be a new section where it is possible to add docker containers. However this option is not present on my screen, see screendump. I've tried to click on the "Scrub" button and uncheck the "Don't fix file system errors" but still nothing.

Am I missing something?

Install Community Applications (link in sig.)  It'll make adding any application tons easier

Archived