What docker to use unRAID as an FTP / Web Server?

JP

I think this might be a pretty simple question for many unRAID users, but I'm pretty much in the dark.  For many years I've had an unRAID server for my media.  Some time ago I maintained a family web site using a hosting service, but have since elected to bring it down just because I haven't had time to maintain it the way I hoped for. 

I've elected to continue paying for the web site service for one reason, file transfer.  It isn't often, but there are times I need to pass on a large file to more than one person and leveraging the web space makes it pretty easy.  I simply have one folder that either has open permissions that I can send a link to others and they can either download it or watch it (if it is a family video).

Is there a way to similarly configure a few folders on an unRAID server to do the same?  Thanks for any help.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the simplest solution to the occasional large file transfer is to just do either Dropbox or GoogleDrive.  You get 2Gb free with Dropbox (then 256mb for each invite you get to signup - I've managed to get 20GB from signing up friends) or you can go with Google Drive and get 15GB free.  If you have a gmail account, you already have that available...just google install Google Drive...

Setting up your own infrastructure to build your own "dropbox" is more pain that it sounds like you'd like to endure!  That said you might want to look at some of the cool stuff that fgjardim created http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39227.0, in particular his ownCloud: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33891.0 docker...