Hard linking in user shares

I saw this but could not find a feature request:

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=50078.msg482416

Also, is there a roadmap or schedule somewhere to see what features are being worked on and for what version or is that only visible to developers?

Anyway, I would like to request adding the ability to hard link in user shares. I've been doing a LOT of reading about it since I have been trying to figure out a way to use hard links with UnRAID and Sonarr in a way that works for my setup. From what I understand, the user share is build on FUSE and FUSE can support hard links if implemented. Since there are a great many users that use their boxes for torrents, Sonarr, and all kinds of file management sorts of things, being able to save space by hard linking from the user shares would be invaluable, especially since it isn't always viable to hard link the disk shares.

I saw this but could not find a feature request:

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=50078.msg482416

Also, is there a roadmap or schedule somewhere to see what features are being worked on and for what version or is that only visible to developers?

Anyway, I would like to request adding the ability to hard link in user shares. I've been doing a LOT of reading about it since I have been trying to figure out a way to use hard links with UnRAID and Sonarr in a way that works for my setup. From what I understand, the user share is build on FUSE and FUSE can support hard links if implemented. Since there are a great many users that use their boxes for torrents, Sonarr, and all kinds of file management sorts of things, being able to save space by hard linking from the user shares would be invaluable, especially since it isn't always viable to hard link the disk shares.

I don't think this is technically feasible. When you add the user share element you've now allowed the potential for one shares files to span multiple devices (even though each is in it's own file system). My understanding is that this makes hard linking impossible.

Well I do know that hard linking will work from the disk shares and that, while hard linking does not work in the user shares, hard links from the disk shares are still valid when accessed through the user shares. I understand that spanning across disks presents a technical challenge but I wonder if there might be some way for the proprietary FUSE-based disk pooling portion to intercept system calls to hard link from a user share and redirect them to the appropriate disk share.