3rd Party Fan Plate for Norco 4220

bubbaQ

There is a thread by norco regarding suggestions for the next gen 24 bay norco case over at AVSForum.  One of them, which I supported as well, was for Norco to provide the 120mm fan plate as an option or standard as well as offer it to current owners of the 4020/4220's as well.  I'm sure they could do it for much less than the one you linked to.  Currently, my 80mm mechatronix fans are holding there own with my measly 6 drives. 

So, is the 1/4" plywood version a fire hazard?  I'm sure there is always a chance you could cause a fire, but it sure is a lot cheaper if you have a hole saw, some screws, and 10 minutes.  Of course, unless you sell a boatload of them, I'm not sure I'd go through the trouble to sell it for less than $65 either.

That said, it's always nice to have options.

So, is the 1/4" plywood version a fire hazard?  I'm sure there is always a chance you could cause a fire, but it sure is a lot cheaper if you have a hole saw, some screws, and 10 minutes.  Of course, unless you sell a boatload of them, I'm not sure I'd go through the trouble to sell it for less than $65 either.

That said, it's always nice to have options.

A quick google search shows plywood to have an ignition temperature of around 350 degrees Centigrade  (roughly 660 degrees Fahrenheit)

If you have temperatures that high near your disk drives, the plywood catching fire is the least of your worries. ;)

Archived