jteeuw

ls -la /dev/dvb

total 0
drwxrwxrwx  5 nobody users  100 Aug 29 21:03 ./
drwxr-xr-x 17 root   root  4000 Aug 29 21:03 ../
drwxr-xr-x  2 nobody users  120 Aug 29 20:50 adapter0/
drwxr-xr-x  2 nobody users  120 Aug 29 20:50 adapter1/
drwxrwxrwx  2 root   root   100 Aug 29 21:03 adapter2/

The problem is that you don't have the right permissions on the adapter2.

Do the below and restart tvheadend.

chown -R nobody:users /dev/dvb/adapter2

The problem you have now, is that every time you restart unraid you have to install the drivers and do the chmod again.

Or, one other thought, could automate it using the user scripts plugin to install drivers, change permissions and start tvh docker.  Would still need manual intervention but would be a one click solution if the go script was a no win.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

did run

now getting the following  :

Aug 29 21:08:32 NAS01 tvheadend[19]: linuxdvb: unable to open /dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0
Aug 29 21:08:32 NAS01 tvheadend[19]: linuxdvb: adapter added /dev/dvb/adapter1
Aug 29 21:08:33 NAS01 tvheadend[19]: linuxdvb: adapter added /dev/dvb/adapter0
Aug 29 21:08:33 NAS01 tvheadend[19]: dvr: Creating new configuration ''

On my working config rasberry/debian i get the following :

Aug 30 08:27:52 localhost tvheadend[31704]: linuxdvb: adapter added /dev/dvb/adapter0
Aug 30 08:27:52 localhost tvheadend[31704]: linuxdvb: adapter 0 setting exlusive flag
Aug 30 08:27:52 localhost tvheadend[31704]: dvr: Creating new configuration ''

did run

now getting the following  :

Aug 29 21:08:32 NAS01 tvheadend[19]: linuxdvb: unable to open /dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0
Aug 29 21:08:32 NAS01 tvheadend[19]: linuxdvb: adapter added /dev/dvb/adapter1
Aug 29 21:08:33 NAS01 tvheadend[19]: linuxdvb: adapter added /dev/dvb/adapter0
Aug 29 21:08:33 NAS01 tvheadend[19]: dvr: Creating new configuration ''

Then do the below also.

chmod -R 755 /dev/dvb/adapter2

Restart tvheadend container and see if that works.

Sorry to inform you ssaarg, but stil the same error after :

chmod -R 755 /dev/dvb/adapter2

and restarted the tvheadend

2016-08-30 19:04:52.307 [ ERROR] linuxdvb: unable to open /dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0

Then I have no more suggestions.

And is it an option to implement it in the docker like mentioned in https://github.com/dreamcat4/docker-images/issues/15 ?

I'm not adding it to the tvheadend container. You already have a fork of tvheadend with a working device don't you? Looks that way when I read the github link you posted.

If you don't have it working cause you can't pass through the USB, do the below and change the last two numbers according to the Bus (013)/device(003) the sundtek stick has.

--device=/dev/bus/usb/013/003

And I have no idea if this works either. Never tried...

That just doesn't make any sense, how can you pass through a device to the container when it doesn't have drivers?  Is this documented anywhere?  Because it goes against everything I thought I knew about docker.  If it were a virtual machine then it would make sense, but it's not.  I do wonder whether that's where this advice has stemmed from.

That just doesn't make any sense, how can you pass through a device to the container when it doesn't have drivers?  Is this documented anywhere?  Because it goes against everything I thought I knew about docker.  If it were a virtual machine then it would make sense, but it's not.  I do wonder whether that's where this advice has stemmed from.

The whole sundtek driver thing is a bit of a hack I start to think. I don't think it even needs the media build, so they probably do something that breaks the normal dvb standard. On their site it shows streaming to all kinds of media players, but no tvheadend, myth or other dvb app mentioned.

One thing to try, would be to use the TVH plugin rather than docker.  That would remove the issue of how Sundtek interacts with the OS/container interface.

That one I completely forgot about. Good suggestion.

One thing to try, would be to use the TVH plugin rather than docker.  That would remove the issue of how Sundtek interacts with the OS/container interface.

Yeah, the plugin reconized the sundtek dongle, thank saarg and CHBMB for your time!!