Mount share directly in Mac El Capitain VM

Its the normal UNRAID drive(s)

For example "/mnt/cache/Folder"

At this time i have mounted the share in the VM, so wen i copy a file, there is twice the traffic...

You cannot mount a drive in the VM unless nothing else (including unRAID) is using it.  This is standard where you cannot have two different OS using the same hardware without special software to mange potential contention.

In practise mounting it as a network share is normally very efficient as it is only going through a 'virtual' network adapter capable of running at 10Gps.    Doing it that way avoids any contention issues.

I thought like the function "Volume Mappings" in Docker.

You mean the normal br0 adapter?

Ok, i though that the Traffic goes from the port to the switch an than again through the port in to the VM.

Because i have a own IP address for each VM...

You mean that the traffic is only inside the server, did I understand that right?

Thanks for your help :)

LG

I thought like the function "Volume Mappings" in Docker.

There is a driver for this for Windows VMs (the 9p drivers), but I believe that the performance is lower than going via the (virtual) network.

You mean the normal br0 adapter?

Ok, i though that the Traffic goes from the port to the switch an than again through the port in to the VM.

Because i have a own IP address for each VM...

You mean that the traffic is only inside the server, did I understand that right?

LG

As long as the VM's are on the same subnet and go through the same bridge then it is ll internal to the server.  Not sure what would happen if you have more than one bridge and the VMs are on different bridges.