[Solved - XFS_Repair] 6.2 Upgrade, XFS Error on boot

brimnac

Recently upgraded to 6.2 and have been having a plethora of issues. Went to try and downgrade back to 6.1.9, and now I get an error telling me to unmount md15 and run xfs_repair on it.

I log in via Putty, can't stop SAMBA (because I think it never starts, due to corrupt metadata or something), but I can unmount drives 1-14. I type in

xfs_repair /dev/md15

...and it doesn't progress. I can Putty back into another session, but no drives are then mounted, and I'm not able to access the website pretty much as soon as I log in. Now - please understand that *I* understand I may not be doing this correctly - I'm just using Google and the Search of this forum as much as I can, and that's the command and process that I found that made the most sense.

After the upgrade to 6.2 I had some issues with Unassigned Devices (wasn't aware of the Docker.img thing at first), so I reformatted my 1TB SSD from XFS in UD to BTRFS and mounted it as my Cache drive. Recreated the Docker.img and started reinstalling apps. Anything that programs that downloaded (Sab and Deluge, even Emby server?!) would lock up the system. Thinking the SSD as BTRFS may not have been ideal, as since then I've had the issues. I also noticed that while I set my download directory to start using a Cache drive (I never had, just a user share) and that never seemed to work.

I've added a screenshot (camera shot of my screen) of the exact error *I* get when I boot, and then of my Putty console. I can also add any log files or whatever, I think - I can access my Flash drive remotely still, at least.

Thanks for any help - if this is a "dude, reach out to Tom," that's cool. I've had his help w/one other issue in the past and the support was phenomenal. I'd just like this back - have a three year old and a pregnant Mrs. Netflix will work for now, but I don't know how much more time I have  ;D

(PS: I'll be at work for a while, but may be able to log in remotely during breaks or lunch if people *do* respond today. Just know I'm not ignoring. I stayed up way too late last night working on this, so I'm getting in the help request as I head out the door. Thanks once more!)

IMG_0616.jpg.2a7bd8dd4c1805b16385123eb21218e7.jpg

xfs_repair.png.9560b9e0aebb944d61dd7444adc71176.png

Thanks! Hand to God I read it, but as mentioned it was late. I must have skimmed right past there, thank you so much for pointing it out!

I'll see if that helps and then update this thread (and... if I don't update you can safely assume that fixed it, too!)

It's been updated a number of times, it may not have been there when you first read it!