Need help with App data question for use with Plex Docker

TODDLT

Post a screenshot of the settings for the docker template, and a screenshot of the library settings in plex

Threw a couple others in there.  Let me know if I missed something you needed.

EDIT:  I noticed i never turned the auto library update back on.  I had this off till I got the app data onto the cache drive.  However, I've run the update manually and nothing changed (it only ran for a second).  Also I've checked the pathway in the media info and it works, I can run the movie with that path.

Docker_Containers.JPG.c5c23da59a0c2501e428ef5f6282ad31.JPG

Docker_Settings.JPG.c69b8b3e2c16411168bfcfa27ceaf6b5.JPG

Media_info.JPG.a9d56bd16516220ba0b9ef8128d8aed8.JPG

Library_settings.JPG.77244fe7838bef280be6dc57b892e301.JPG

You don't have any host vs container volume mappings for Plex (short of the /config), so Plex can't find anything at all.  (All docker containers are "sandboxed" and only have the ability to access the folders/shares that you explicitly give them access to)

You need to add /Media mapped to /mnt/user/whateverShareItIs

You don't have any host vs container volume mappings for Plex (short of the /config), so Plex can't find anything at all.  (All docker containers are "sandboxed" and only have the ability to access the folders/shares that you explicitly give them access to)

Thanks!  that did it. 

I'm very new to dockers as a whole and I completely forgot having to set up that pathway in Plex the first time.  I even did it for Krusader but didnt realize the need to set up those pathways was required for dockers in general. 

OK, wont forget that again.  Thanks!!

Thanks!  that did it. 

I'm very new to dockers as a whole and I completely forgot having to set up that pathway in Plex the first time.  I even did it for Krusader but didnt realize the need to set up those pathways was required for dockers in general. 

OK, wont forget that again.  Thanks!!

You probably nuked the docker.img file somewhere along the line (since it obviously was working at some point).  Future reference:  When re-adding your old apps, use CA's Previous Apps section, and all the old paths, ports, etc will be pre-filled out for you.

You probably nuked the docker.img file somewhere along the line (since it obviously was working at some point).  Future reference:  When re-adding your old apps, use CA's Previous Apps section, and all the old paths, ports, etc will be pre-filled out for you.

Yes, i did nuke docker.img.  See reply #13 on this thread from trurl.  I used that plus your reply #11 as my guideline. 

So if you reinstall from previous apps, it somehow has saved everything that was in the old docker.img file?

Yes, i did nuke docker.img.  See reply #13 on this thread from trurl.  I used that plus your reply #11 as my guideline. 

So if you reinstall from previous apps, it somehow has saved everything that was in the old docker.img file?

No, it has just saved the templates, which contains everything you filled out in the form when you created the docker. Actually, it is dockerMan that saves it, to your my-templates on the flash drive, which you could select from the docker page when you add a docker. CA just makes it a little easier and does the add from the template for you.