6.3.0-rc - Microsoft sculpt desktop keeps disconnecting

Hi All,

I have the following: https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/keyboards/sculpt-ergonomic-desktop/l5v-00001

It is a Keyboard, mouse, and num pad that works with the computer through the USB receiver. I have the usb port in which the receiver is plugged pass-through to the windows 8.1 machine however the mouse/keyboard stop responding if i don't continously move the mouse around (in this case they work fine); If i leave the mouse alone for 5 seconds, it will stop responding.

I don't know if this has to do with windows trying to manage the power of the port, or the receiver disconnecting, or the device losing connection but i haven't had this issue when i plug the receiver into the desktop with windows running natively.

Here is how it comes under USB devices:

Bus 001 Device 008: ID 045e:07a5 Microsoft Corp. 

Any suggestions/guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes try making sure windows is set to high performance mode in power settings.

Then click change settings for plan.

Then click change advanced power settings

goto usb settings

there you will see USB Selective Suspend. This is rather than staying on or completely shutting off, selective suspend allows the operating system to place a single USB port into low-power mode. Maybe this is causing your issue. So turn this off.

Some other post install things to do

1. disable fast startup on win 10.

2. Make sure you have installed the quemu guest agent package from the VirtIO Drivers ISO

If you still have problems you can passthrough whole usb controller to windows so it can use it natively

• 3 months later...