Cannot update any Dockers

wedge22

I am on 6.2.4 and cannot update any of my Dockers, they all have updates available, I am getting the following error.

Error: write /var/lib/docker/tmp/GetImageBlob677393430: no space left on device

There is space on my device, this issue seems to have come up since upgrading from 6.1.9 to 6.2.4

The docker.img was full, I deleted many of the orphaned dockers and this got it back down to 11GB out of a total of 20GB available.

I have been able to update all of my Dockers without any issues except Plex which gives the following error.

Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration

Thanks for the help Squid

Squid, could you give more detailed and robust instructions on how to "delete [the docker.img file] and recreate it [...], then re-add your apps via CA's previous apps section?" That probably sounds easy to anybody who's done it before, but it's nearly impenetrable to somebody (me) who hasn't. I have no idea what CA is, nor where to look for previous apps. Maybe it's just me, but deleting anything without knowing the rest of the details sounds like a particularly stupid idea.

(Am I going to have to re-create everything I've done, setting up containers and parameters and folders, etc.? Sweet jebus, I hope not.)

And, while you're at it, could you also elaborate on exactly where the "Extra Parameters section of each template" is, to put the code to restrict each container's log to 50 MB? I've looked in a few containers, and I don't see "Extra Parameters" anywhere.

I don't suppose there are some nice, short, straightforward YouTube videos showing any of this, are there? (If there are, I couldn't find them.)

Squid, could you give more detailed and robust instructions on how to "delete [the docker.img file] and recreate it [...], then re-add your apps via CA's previous apps section?"

Delete the docker image:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=38323.0  (only step that's missing in there under 6.2+ is to hit Advanced in the top right

Step 2 in the above link will get you back your apps already set up the exact same way as before,

But, you can do the exact same Step 2 via CA, and it'll probably be a hair easier

I have no idea what CA is, nor where to look for previous apps.

You must be new around here  ;D  CA = Community Applications = Apps Tab = unRaid's Appstore  Look here:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40262.0  Its the app store.  (And while my opinion of it isn't exactly unbiased, I'd say that its a must-have addition)

(Am I going to have to re-create everything I've done, setting up containers and parameters and folders, etc.? Sweet jebus, I hope not.)
Not if you follow Step 2 on the first link or use CA's previous apps button

And, while you're at it, could you also elaborate on exactly where the "Extra Parameters section of each template" is, to put the code to restrict each container's log to 50 MB? I've looked in a few containers, and I don't see "Extra Parameters" anywhere.

When editing or adding a template either the oldschool built-in method of Hitting AddContainer on the docker tab, or via CA (The Apps Tab), hit Advanced on the top right, and the Extra Parameters field will appear

I don't suppose there are some nice, short, straightforward YouTube videos showing any of this, are there? (If there are, I couldn't find them.)

The video guy around here is gridrunner.  If you search his username and show posts, you'll see a ton of various videos (mostly VM related however), but there are a few that are related to must have things on your server, setting up docker apps, etc

Thanks for the amazingly quick replies, gentlemen! I posted, then went downstairs for a quick bite to eat, and BAM! Answers by the time I got back.

These replies were so quick that I didn't expect to have actionable information until much later today, or sometime later in the weekend. So I will read this all through and see if I can manage to sort myself out later this evening or tomorrow.

LATER THAT EVENING:

Success! Took a little bit of thinking and fiddling to get everything right—place to stop Docker is not on Docker tab (anymore?); increased Docker size to 15GB; shares were missing, so CA appdata backup failed until I rebooted; had to figure out which of Plex and PlexMediaServer I had actually been using—but it's all fired up and working. Thanks again!

shares were missing, so CA appdata backup failed until I rebooted;

No sure what you mean by this, unless you stopped the array for some reason.

had to figure out which of Plex and PlexMediaServer I had actually been using—but it's all fired up and working. Thanks again!

Delete the ones that you're not using.  In CA, click the red X next to the app in the previous apps section, or on the docker screen hit add container, select the my* template you're not using, then click the red-x