Writing to Multiple Disk at Same Time

FredG89

If multiple disks are to be written there is nothing for you to change to make that happen at the same time. It won't necessarily be faster though since all writes would also have to contend for use of the parity disk.

I don't have a parity disk active right now. Moving files over to a new UnRaid server.

With no parity disks the writes will be limited only by the network bandwidth => i.e. a Gb network is limited to ~ 120MB/sec, so you won't be able to write at the maximum speed of the disks.

It will work just fine -- you just won't be writing at the maximum speed of the disks due to the network limits.

I don't know how accurate the high water allocation is but you should be able to start multiple simultaneous transfers by dragging them one at a time (in windows)

alternatively, you could split the share you are copping to into multiple disk exclusive shares and sim link them into the main share folder

eg share names: Main Movies, Movies Disk 1, Movies Disk 2, Movies Disk 3

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1951742/how-to-symlink-a-file-in-linux