Version 5.0.6, Red balled drive, smart test passes, no option to rebuild parity

I have a drive that has been disabled (red ball).  But it appears to be healthy, no smart errors, and data appears intact on the drive.  I understand that once the drive is red balled I have to rebuild the array.  But there is no option to do a parity rebuild, only start/stop array and reboot.  I'm not sure what to do next.  Any thoughts?  I attached the syslog

Thanks,

Greg

syslog-2017-01-28.txt

A drive is not kicked from an array randomly. It is done when unRaid loses contact with the drive our a write fails. Although a failed drive can be the reason, more often it is a bad our loose cable, our something else in the connection chain, causing it to happen. It is a little optimistic to think that the drive connectivity is fine because is looks fine after a reboot.

When a drive is kicked from the array, unRaid simulates the drive contents. So you should be seeing its data just fine, albeit a little slower than normal. If the drive is perfectly healthy and you have corrected the connectivity issue, you could stop the array, resign the failed disk to its slot, and have it's contents rebuilt. You do not want to rebuild the array because you'd lose your ability to rebuild your drive right when you need it most!

Thanks.  I did replace the drive 2 weeks ago so bad cabling does seem likely.  When I checked the contents of the drive the array was stopped (I checked from a the shell).  The drive is assigned to it's slot so I'm puzzled as to why the rebuild button is missing?

I will double check the cabling and reboot.  And thanks for the warning about not rebuilding the parity disk.

Thanks,

Greg 

In order to get unRAID to rebuild the disk to itself you will have to start the array with the disk unassigned and then stop and reassign it again so unRAID thinks you have replaced it. Then it will let you rebuild the disk.

After you get it working again, you should consider upgrading to a supported version of unRAID.