View same share img on VM

anony

You should try to create a second vdisk that is in a common place, lets say in the cache, and mount it in both vm's (define it while editing the vm and add extra disk via the + sign). Maybe unraid allows this kind of definition in both vm's. But probably it cannot be mounted in write mode at same time. Probably second machine that tries to mount will do it in read mode, or fail to mount, or fail to start.

Worth to try it :)

-d

Wondering how I can view a share for games on each of my VMs. For example I'd like two VMs to be able to access a single .img/vdisk at the same time, and view the same files as if it was the same hard drive. Thanks

Did you had succes with the method Darianf gave you? 

Just wondering. ;)

When I tried it with 2 Windows VMs it worked until one of the VMs wrote to it.  Then the other VM had problems and I had to reboot that VM without the disk.  As I remember the disk was then corrupted and unreadable as soon as other VM was rebooted.  So didn't work for me.  But if you could set it up as read only I think it would work.  Or if you could setup each VM with a snapshot of a base img it should work too.  Haven't researched how to do snapshots yet and haven't had a need to use an image in two different VMs again either.

could you not just put the files in a share folder and then mount the share? the virtual network adapter in windows 10 runs at 10gbe, so it would be fast enough. And you could set permissions to read only.

I know you can do this with with apps on OS X, but not sure about windows.... it handles program installs a bit differently....