Fix common problems reporting call traces and out of memory errors...

dultcers

Two different causes.  Which may be related

Out of memory errors, and page allocation stalls

The latter I *think* may be caused if available memory becomes so fragmented that it takes the system forever to find available memory to allocate.  Out of memory is either caused by literally the system not having enough memory to fulfill the request, or that there is not enough memory available in one contiguous heap to fulfill the request.

I don't think you're running any VMs, so I would try limiting the amount of memory available to Plex (look in the Docker FAQ) and see what happens.  Performance impact will be negligible .

9 minutes ago, Squid said:

The latter I *think* may be caused if available memory becomes so fragmented that it takes the system forever to find available memory to allocate.  Out of memory is either caused by literally the system not having enough memory to fulfill the request, or that there is not enough memory available in one contiguous heap to fulfill the request.

I don't think you're running any VMs, so I would try limiting the amount of memory available to Plex (look in the Docker FAQ) and see what happens.  Performance impact will be negligible .

Thanks, I'll start with that.

29 minutes ago, Squid said:

As far as I can tell in order to change how much memory a docker can use I need to define from a command line. I haven't been able to figure out what command I need to use other than -m. Can you tell me the command I need to use or if I am totally off... Thanks.

1 hour ago, dultcers said:

As far as I can tell in order to change how much memory a docker can use I need to define from a command line. I haven't been able to figure out what command I need to use other than -m. Can you tell me the command I need to use or if I am totally off... Thanks.

To limit memory in a docker to a specific amount I added this (--memory="6G") to Extra Parameters on the advanced screen of the docker.

Archived