Trying to get Sick Beard running under Unraid but got a Python Problem...

gbdesai

I am trying to get this new tool that complements SABnzbd to run on Unraid.  But I understand that it requires Python 2.6, and I'm not enough of a Linux compile wizard to figure out how/if this is possible (and whether I can run 2.5 and 2.6 in parallel in case SABnzbd+ 0.5.0 doesn't like something" in Python 2.6.  I downloaded the Slackware Python 2.6.4 txz file and extracted it, but it doesn't seem to run (http://mirrors.easynews.com/linux/slackware/slackware-current/slackware/d/python-2.6.4-i486-1.txz). 

Any insight, help, etc. would be much, much appreciated!

Here are the links to Sick Beard:

Forum Link: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=63591

Google Code Site: http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/

G

I'm running SickBeard and SABnzbd 0.5...

Download http://www.mediafire.com/?jzy2dju2gtu (it's a custom made dependency pack for unraid 4.5.x - it's what I use) and install it using :

installpkg SABnzbdDeps-1.1-i486-unRAID.txz

Make sure you've checked out the sickbeard code (via GIT).

Execute it (to test) using :

python Sickbeard.py

And if you want to run it so it runs on startup and doesn't output garbage to your console, add this to the 'go' script:

nohup python /path/to/Sickbeard.py &

• 2 weeks later...

Quick Question:

Do you think it's wise to run Sick Beard from the flash drive or should this be done from the cache drive?

cache drive or other non flash drive :)

It hits it's database very often and at the moment is also logging very verbosely for debugging.

You can change the location of the log file in the config which will help hugely, but I'd still be concerned about the (less frequent) database writes.

p.s thanks gbdesai, I hadn't heard of this until I read this thread. I've now completely switched to using it and it's an excellent tool. Thanks for the heads up.

I just moved the directory from my flash to my cache drive but get the following error now :

root@tower:~# /mnt/cache/.Downloads/Sickbeard/SickBeard.py

: command not foundds/Sickbeard/SickBeard.py: line 18:

/mnt/cache/.Downloads/Sickbeard/SickBeard.py: line 19: import: command not found

: command not foundds/Sickbeard/SickBeard.py: line 20:

/mnt/cache/.Downloads/Sickbeard/SickBeard.py: line 47: syntax error near unexpected token `signal.SIGINT,'

/mnt/cache/.Downloads/Sickbeard/SickBeard.py: line 47: `signal.signal(signal.SIG'NT, sickbeard.sig_handler)

any idea?

I just moved the directory from my flash to my cache drive but get the following error now :

root@tower:~# /mnt/cache/.Downloads/Sickbeard/SickBeard.py

: command not foundds/Sickbeard/SickBeard.py: line 18:

/mnt/cache/.Downloads/Sickbeard/SickBeard.py: line 19: import: command not found

: command not foundds/Sickbeard/SickBeard.py: line 20:

/mnt/cache/.Downloads/Sickbeard/SickBeard.py: line 47: syntax error near unexpected token `signal.SIGINT,'

/mnt/cache/.Downloads/Sickbeard/SickBeard.py: line 47: `signal.signal(signal.SIG'NT, sickbeard.sig_handler)

any idea?

Check permissions, check paths in your config directory and remove any .pyc files in the directories. They're compiled .py files created on first run and they tend to cache path info etc.

I redownloaded all files from github.

Checked permissions. (755 should do right?)

Still the same problem though.

Did you remove the pyc files?

You've now moved a directory and redownloaded files? You might have to be a bit clearer. Which ones did you overwrite? Does the git snapshot replace your config and db files?

I would strongly suspect it's the pyc files causing the problem. I had to remove them when I moved it from the ram disk to cache drive.

Well first i moved the directory from my flash drive to my cache drive.

Then i tried deleting all pyc files, checked permissions. When that didn't help i just deleted the Sickbeard directory on the cache drive and reinstalled the Sickbeard directory after redownloading it from github to restart from scratch.

• 1 year later...

Archived