Upgraded to 6.3.3 - now won't boot properly

unraid_user

My upgrade did not go well.  I was on 6.3.2 (I think) and I upgraded via Plugin's page, it seemed to go OK but after I rebooted things started to go badly.  I'm a bit of a novice so apologies if some of this doesn't make sense.

If I just let it boot into the default Unraid OS boot option the computer will sit with this on the screen for an abnormally long time, maybe a full minute

Loading /bzimage... ok 

Loading /bzroot...

Then a wall of text scrolls by but I notice it repeats this message quite a number of times

waiting for /dev/disk/by-label/UNRAID (will check for 30 sec)...

Then after the 30 seconds it produces a bunch of messages, many of them look like error messages and I end up at a login prompt.  I can login as root but it does not require a password.    

I can ping stuff around me so I have an IP address, however when I try to open up a the Web GUI from another computer I get nothing. 

I'm at a loss how to proceed and my head is spinning thinking about all the TBs of stuff I have on this server.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

1 hour ago, unraid_user said:

Then a wall of text scrolls by but I notice it repeats this message quite a number of times

waiting for /dev/disk/by-label/UNRAID (will check for 30 sec)...

Since it is working now my guess is a problem with that USB port. If it happens again, try another, preferably USB2

Archived