Adding drives with data

Hi

I am moving away from WHS on my HP microserver. 

Currently testing OMV but as I am facing isses with plugins I am thinking of also taking a look at UnRaid. I have my HDDs formatted in XFs and already contain data.

Is it possible to add the drives to UnRaid without having to reformat the drives? If so how?

I have UnRaid ready to go on a pen drive but not plugging in yet because I dont know what it will do to the drives.

Edited by charsi

unRAID only recognizes an existing valid partition if it starts on sector 64 (or 63 for non aligned partitions), it's the only partition on the disk and extends to end of the disk.

If any of those is not true it will repartition the disk, if starting sector wasn't the same it will make it unmountable.

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

I thought XFS would work straight away because snapraid's comparison page said so - http://www.snapraid.it/compare#note4

unRAID allows to use filled disks but only if they are already formatted with the ReiserFS, XFS or Btrfs filesystems. But not ext4 or NTFS, the two most common filesystems used in Linux and Windows.

I am going to fiddle with OMV some more and see if I can get the sabnzbd plugin to work.

Edited by charsi
typo and added quote