[SOLVED] error when transferring files to any share using cache

wgstarks

Found this being repeated in the system log today-

May 8 04:34:15 Brunnhilde shfs/user: share cache full

I know the cache isn't full, so I'm guessing it's referring to something else?

Diagnostics

Edit: Error only repeated a few times. Looks to be about the time that mover would have been running. Not sure if that has any bearing or not.

• 1 month later...

From the Help text on Global Share Settings, Cache Drive

This represents a "floor" of the amount of free space remaining on the cache disk. If the free space becomes less than this value, then new files written to user shares with cache enabled will go to the array and not the cache disk.

Enter a numeric value with one of these suffixes:

KB = 1,000
MB = 1,000,000
GB = 1,000,000,000
TB = 1,000,000,000,000

If no suffix, a count of 1024-byte blocks is assumed.

Examples:

2GB => 2,000,000,000 bytes
2000000 => 2,048,000,000 bytes

Your cache free space floor is set to 2000000 which is 2Gig available space.  But at least on what I'm assuming is your Media share (M....a), your minimum free space is set to 400000000 which means 400Gig must be free.  These settings should be ok on your drives themselves, but I have seen in the past where on occasion unRaid messes stuff up, and requires a change, any change to the appropriate settings for them to stick.  (Or just for kicks, set the share's free space settings to be less than what's actually available on the cache drive and see if there's any change.  [But unRaid AFAIK isn't supposed to apply that setting when writing to the cache drive]

(That, and if nothing else its easier to reference minimum free space in terms of say 400GB instead of 400000000)

Archived