Getting Call Trace error

bilben1

Hi 

I've been using unRAID 6 since February of this year and I love it. I had tried Freenas 9.10 and Qnap and I was unhappy with both. unRaid is just exactly what I was looking for. I purchased a cheap Asrock J1900M MB and and additional iocrest 4 port pcie gen x 2 sata card (Marvell chipset) and using it with four old 1TB drives, i.e. 1 Hitachi and 3 WD greens. I am also using 2 60 gb ssd drives, one a kingston and the other a Patriot torq, as cache drives. The cache drives are attached to the mainboard headers, the spinners are connected to the marvell card. The drives all passed the smart tests.

Everything worked great for about a month or two, however in the last week, the fix problems plugin has reported Call trace errors and the system actually crashed once and sleep no longer seems to work properly. For example the debug sleep log reported that the system went to sleep at midnight but in fact it did not.

I have run a three day test on the installed 8gb of memory with memtest no errors were found. 

I have uploaded a diagnostic report including FCP syslog and a sleep log that has been generated after the system crash using the fix problems troubleshooting mode.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance

tower-diagnostics-20170510-1307.zip

s3_sleep.log

FCPsyslog_tail.txt

Make any changes to your VMs that corresponded with the call trace?

This is the trace:

May  9 18:20:54 Tower kernel: user requested TSC rate below hardware speed

triggered by KVM.  My gut tells me that if everything is working fine with the VMs to just ignore it.

Re: the crash.  Could be a million different things.  First thing would be to check for BIOS updates.

Re: Sleep.  Post in the Dynamix S3 thread

Archived