unraid to WDTV LIVE and or boxee?

Pretty new to unraid, so far I like it alot.  I'm just trying to figure out what I'm going to use for a client.  WDTV Live or Boxee box whenever it comes out.  I used to stream to my xbox 360 but it seems that this will not work with unraid without tversity (which sounds painfull for streaming large mkv files). 

Has anyone used unraid with WDTV Live? 

Did it require some tweeking on the unraid side?

Has anyone used Boxee with unraid?

I have used Boxee on the AppleTv with Unraid - works fine as far as Unraid is concerned.  Any limitations I found were usually on the ATV/Boxee side.  Like Atv doesnt do 720p easily or the Boxee being a little buggy.  I flip flip between ATV and the PS3 Media server on my PS3.  You should try PS3Media server - it is a generic UPNP server and will work for a ton of players including the 360.  There is a detailed forum post on it somewhere.  I tried Twonky and Tversity but always seem to go back to PS3MS.

When the Boxee Box is realized I will probably ditch my ATV and get one of those.  Since I have never used the ATV for ATV stuff.

Has anyone used unraid with WDTV Live? 

Did it require some tweeking on the unraid side?

Took me a bit to figure WDTV Live interface out... I was trying to navigate to Media Servers when I should have been looking at Network Shares.

Other than that, I use my WDTV Live with my unRAID servers all the time... no issues to report, and no tweaking on the unRAID side, other than adding a 'wdtv' user to my user list so I can ensure no one can use the WDTV Live's file management to manage my server :)

Check the link in my sig...XBMC on a Revo 1600 is the best HTPC solution I've found.

I didn't know that PS3MS works for the 360 as well, though, that's good to know.  I still prefer my Revo since my 360 sounds like a jet engine by comparison, but still...it might be nice to have a backup option.

Check the link in my sig...XBMC on a Revo 1600 is the best HTPC solution I've found.

I didn't know that PS3MS works for the 360 as well, though, that's good to know.  I still prefer my Revo since my 360 sounds like a jet engine by comparison, but still...it might be nice to have a backup option.

XBMC is great (Boxee is based off of XBMC and is one of their main sponsors).  I was able to pick up my Revo for $140, and it plays everything I've thrown at it (mostly HD mkv files).  For reference I've also had the WDTV (pre-live version), I had the eGreat m34a NMT(similar to the Popcorn Hour a-110), and have also used the ASUS O!Play.  I got tired of keeping up the library for the NMT, and the WDTV and O!Play's interface wasn't up to snuff for me.

i previously used 2 mac mini's running plex (xbmc port) and they were great. the only problem i had was if drives were spun down and you navigated into a folder which was spread out over multiple drives xbmc would crap itself and become unresponsive

i've since replaced those mac minis with wdtv live's and havent had any issues

Not the WDLive because I had too many problems streaming any movie with a bit-rate over 20Mbps which is pretty much all blu-ray direct rips... I just got rid of my 2 wd live boxes and went with the dune 3.0 players and unraid server. currently with the unraid and dune setup i am able to stream up to 48Mbps(which is my highest bit-rate movie) with no problem.. the only problem is that the dune player is a little more money but but has a better interface, also with the "yaDis" and "My Movies" software you can customize the way the movies are listed.

thanks

James

I use a WDTV live and it works great with unRAID. The only issue I had was when I enabled logins/passwords after I bought unraid pro, it would let me in the share on the WDTV but then say no media files existed

I fixed this by:

Go to settings > network

Turn off "auto login to network shares"

Access your unRAID share, log in with the appropriate username/password and make sure its working

Go back to settings > network

Turn on "auto login to network shares"

Job done :)